Top 10 Common Causes of Contamination
- Not understanding the importance of The Process when preparing a vehicle.
- Poor surface preparation and inability to see contamination on vehicle prior to spraying.
- Chemical wipe fibers left on or in doors, hood or track joints.
- Poor quality of tack rags and tacking techniques.
Poor maintenance of spray gun and gun cleaning procedures.
- Booth balance (too positive/ too negative).
- Uneven velocity around vehicle.
- Low air movement around vehicle.
- Poor quality of paint strainers.
- Contamination of booth walls or floor.