The automotive refinish section of Finishing Academy covers:
- Spray booth design and construction
- Causes of contamination and how to produce higher-quality finishes
- Facility planning and equipment selection
Spray Booth Basics
Spray Booth Basics covers the fundamental function and design of a paint booth. In this module, we cover:
- What a spray booth is
- Why spray booths are used
- The advantages and disadvantages of different airflow styles
- Spray booth airflow theory, including balance, resistance and CFM
- How to determine paint booth efficiency
- The advantages and disadvantages of spray booth filtration methods
- How spray booths can be customized or enhanced to meet the needs of any application
How to Finish in the Money
How To Finish In The Money contains what we think is the definitive resource on preventing contamination in the body shop.
Information defining contamination sources and what to do about, with data gathered during site inspections and investigations of complaints of poor booth performance. Nearly every time, poor booth performance was, in reality, poor shop practices and including faulty preparation.
Diligent and constant attention to best practices and preparation invariably results in consistently cleaner, high-quality finishes coming out of your paint booth and body shop, while greatly-reducing rework.
Building the Perfect Shop
If you are planning an addition to a current facility or building a new facility, this guide is for you. It is designed to help you decide on:
- The right amount of space for your shop
- The best way to lay it out
- The right equipment
This is your tool to help set your collision shop up for success. Sample layouts, equipment lists, a planning grid and templates are all available for your use. We want to help you plan your shop right the first time, so you can realize the maximum profit and production from your investment.